[argyllcms] Re: Problem with 1.1.0 RC2 ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 23:47:58 +1100

andrzej duda wrote:

The problem is in the dark tones. The new profile gives very greenish grays (0- 25). And the LUT curves confirm the difference, there is a dip in Red channel curve in this
region (see the attachments I've posted with the previous mail).

How are you making this judgment (ie. what is your workflow,
test colors, source profile) ? Is this calibration you are talking
about, or the contents of a matrix/shaper profile ?

What instrument are you using ?
What type of display is it ?
What operating system are you using ?

I'm trying to figure out why I get so different LUT curves while the hardware settings and
target numbers before the calibrations were actually the same.

This is from the new one (greenish):

Failed to meet target 0.400000 delta E, got worst case 6.274843
Number of measurements taken = 768
The instrument can be removed from the screen.
Written calibration file 'T966 A D65 Cd100 G2.2 09-12.cal'

This display or the instrument seems to have drifted rather a lot during
the calibration.

And this is the old one:

Failed to meet target 0.400000 delta E, got worst case 1.586303
Number of measurements taken = 609

And this one seems to have remained consistent.

Is this second diagnostic from a while ago, or was it
done at a similar time to the RC2 run ?