[argyllcms] Re: Problem with 1.1.0 RC2 ?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 00:30:02 +1100

andrzej duda wrote:
I use dispcalGUI and I followed blindly the advice to use the "Apply gamut mapping to" option only to
overcome a problem with brush cursor in Photoshop.

Ideally the source profile will be the source profile that will
get linked to the display profile by the CMM. This will
only affect the perceptual and (optionally) saturation B2A tables.

What happens when you don't use this option at all (not specifying the source gamut)?

All three intents (colorimeric, perceptual & saturation) will be
the colorimetric B2A table.

There are cases when I use other space than Ekta (Lab, ProPhotoRGB) so I would prefer to have
one "universal" monitor profile.

That's not really possible using ICC profiles if you want optimal
perceptual and/or saturation gamut mapping.

You will (of course) get a "universal" profile for colorimetric
intent since it will simply clip.