[argyllcms] Re: Problem chartread: "Need reflection spot, strip.......instrument doesn't support it"

  • From: Per Nordlund <nordlund.per@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 15:26:48 +0100

Thank you Graeme for answering!

I have actually done all this. I have tried to follow the installation
instructions. The executables have their own PATH. At first I didn't
understand what path was but I've learned! It's the Argyll drivers that are
in use (Argyll LibUSB-win32 devices). When I work with Argyll in the
command prompt I navigate (cd) to the Argyll "bin" directory. I have
checked that I'm administrator.  I did spotread -? (you wrote "spot read
-?") and now the instrument is recognized!

*I think problem is solved!* My computer is a Lenovo W520 and it has an
inbuilt Huey colorimeter on COM1! The i1 Pro is on COM2. I put the argument
-c2 and now it asks me to start reading! I may deactivate the Huey but
maybe it's installed again when I restart the computer? This could explain
why there is problem also in Linux. I still don't understand why it worked
in Dispcal but not direct in in Argyll? Maybe because I have to choose
instrument in the GUI before making the reading? Actually I have never
understood where the Huey came from (I thought I didn't have a Huey!)  but
of course it's the inbuilt colorimeter that I never use!

I have now made my first profile but it wasn't good and I know why! I will
make a new try later. It's easy to make a fault in this process but I will
try to get a more foolproof workflow.

Thank you again! I will donate to your fantastic program!

Best regards and greetings from the southern Sweden where we already have
got spring. The Crocus is flowering!

Per