[argyllcms] Re: Problem chartread: "Need reflection spot, strip.......instrument doesn't support it"

  • From: Per Nordlund <nordlund.per@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 03:21:00 +0100

Thank you for answer!

Yes it's mswin. I must use it even if Linux is my main system since many
years. I can't get two monitors working in Linux with my expensive laptop
with Nvidia Optimus. I need it also for printing. The i1 works perfectly
well with Dispcal profilng a monitor in Win7 so it's recognized. I have
problems also in Linux with chartread. I'm beginning to think it's a
crippled version of i1 but Colormunki doesn't work either for chartread, so
maybe not.

I have tried both the argyll driver and the libusb32 drivers in win7. "spot
read -?" doesn't do anything just says it's not an internal or external
command. Both devices (i1 and Munki) passes x-rite diagnostic test for
reflective measurements but not in Argyll. For me it's a mystery but I
guess it's a driver problem. I could try to make the chartread on another
computer that hasn't the NVIDIA Optimus in Wndows or Linux if it has to do
with the computer. It's late here in Sweden so it will be after some hours
sleep!

Best regards,
Per