[argyllcms] Problem chartread: "Need reflection spot, strip.......instrument doesn't support it"

  • From: Per Nordlund <nordlund.per@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:08:01 +0100

Hi,

I have just bought an i1 Pro Spectrophotometer. I have also a Colormunki
spectrometer. I have run diagnostic test on both instruments and they pass
without any faults.

I have installed the Argyll drivers for both instruments. I have managed to
make and print a chart. When I do the command: *chartread -T0.4 EyeOne1pg_*
720 I get the following message: "Need reflection spot, strip, xy or chart
reading capability and instrument doesn't support it." I get the same
answer for the i1 Pro and the Colormunki.

I have installed Argyllcms in a separate directory under \Users\per and I
excecute the commands in this directory (\bin) It worked ok when I made the
charts. I have made a PATH to this directory in the environment variables.
I have installed the Argyllcms drivers for both meters. I have even used
the PnPutil.exe program to point to the usb directory in Argyll but the
same result.

I did also try to make a chartread in Linux and there I think it worked but
I wasn't patient enough to make a full profile. During the strip reading i
couldn't hear any "beep" but I'm hearing impaired so I don.know if it
actually worked. Is it possible to see that in a log?

Please help because this is very frustrating!

Per