[argyllcms] Re: Problem chartread: "Need reflection spot, strip.......instrument doesn't support it"

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:20:50 +1100

Per Nordlund wrote:

Hi,

> *I think problem is solved!* My computer is a Lenovo W520 and it has an
> inbuilt Huey colorimeter on COM1! The i1 Pro is on COM2. I put the argument
> -c2 and now it asks me to start reading! I may deactivate the Huey but
> maybe it's installed again when I restart the computer?

OK - that makes more sense. You may be able to disable it by explicitly
disabling the HID USB driver for the Huey.

> This could explain
> why there is problem also in Linux. I still don't understand why it worked
> in Dispcal but not direct in in Argyll? Maybe because I have to choose
> instrument in the GUI before making the reading?

Yes, probably.

> Actually I have never
> understood where the Huey came from (I thought I didn't have a Huey!)  but
> of course it's the inbuilt colorimeter that I never use!

Yes, people asked for support for it, so it was added. I'm not sure
the in-built Huey has ever been made use of with Argyll though, since
no-one was able to determine how to keep the display active
when the lid is shut.

Good to hear that you have sorted the problems out.