[argyllcms] Re: Monitor profiles and their (black point?) "readability"

  • From: "Preben Soeberg" <prsodk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:23:12 +0700

  _____

From: argyllcms-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:argyllcms-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Marco N.
Sent: 18 June, 2008 20:44
To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [argyllcms] Monitor profiles and their (black point?) "readability"

I made some profiles and opened an image in Safari, Firefox 3, and Photoshop
(Mac os 10.5.3).

Result:

Safari and Firefox renders the image almost identical

PS lights the deep shadow a little

When Firefox renders images with color management on, it will modify the RGB
colors before displaying.

So if you make print screen or sample the colors, you will  get numeric
errors in RGB numbers. (I don't know about Safari)

In the same test with a i1match profile all software are in agrement.

PS renders the image almost identical with both profiles.

I deduce that not all software can read the Argyll profiles (black point
question?), and only PS can read it.

Here <http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQS2BQDN>  one can download the stack
with the screenshots of the three software and the profiles.

I am getting this when I click on your link:

"All download slots assigned to your country (Thailand) are currently in
use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for
immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot
limitations for you!"

Be aware that the Megaupload toolbar contains Alexa Toolbar Spyware.

Marco