[argyllcms] Re: Monitor profiles and their (black point?) "readability"

  • From: "Marco N." <manold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 22:45:25 +0200

What I see is that with GMB profile all three software render the image correctly in the same way, with Argyll profile only PS renders the image correctly, the two other software clip the shadows and I don't know why. Firefox is more close to PS than Safari.

I made the test on Mac 10.5.3 and I grab the screenshots with the system function command+maiusc+4, the images have automatically the right profile (the monitor profile), if you make the same test on Windows put this profile to the sceenshots in PS.

http://www.megaupload.com/it/?d=TQS2BQDN , put the three suggested letters in the empty field, clic download, wait the end of the countdown and click on free download. In PS you can see the stack of these screenshots and put some color sample on shadows. Activating different layers you have different results

Marco