[argyllcms] Re: Monitor calibration

  • From: Jürgen Lilien <jp.lilien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:02:20 +0100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:

In general, I usually reset a screen to default settings, and use
custom color mode, and equalize the RGB channels.

You are absolutely right, but sadly the U2410 is not so general,
the implementation of the RGB-gain control seems to be broken.

Have a look at the prad.de review (German language), but even
Dell seems to know the problem.

U2410 FAQ (Subpoint "Calibration"):
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19314620.aspx

I am glad I didn't buy this monitor, because of the pink/green
tint problems, but with the RGB-gain implementation there is
now another reason.

My hope is now on the new NEC MultiSync PA241W, unfortunately
at a much higher price point.

Regards, Juergen