[argyllcms] Loosing precision converting from eps to tiff?

  • From: "Martin Weberg" <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 14:02:28 +0200

Hi,

I have converted eps-files generated by printtarg -e to tiffs using
Photoshop. I've noticed that in the ti1/2-files, rgb-colors is coded
with a precision of 5 numbers. In Photoshop however, there is a
precision of 3 numbers (at least what is visible in the info-palette).
What do you think, are there any rounding errors involved using this
method? Or, is the original rgb-numbers from the eps-file stored
"inside" the tiff but rounded for display in Photoshop?

Regards
Martin Weberg