[argyllcms] Re: Importing SpyderPrint (Datacolor 1005) readings with Argyll 1.4.0

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 15:47:53 +1000

Juan José Ferrer wrote:

>   I have a Spyder 3 kit and I'm not very happy with it. For the displays I
> never had  good
> profiles and for the printer... I printed always greenish pictures. At this
> momnet I can't
> buy other hardware.

Hi,
        using a different profiler may not help, if it turns out that the
accuracy of
the instrument is the issue.

> Yesterday I was playing with your software. I make a small target page and I
> printed it .
> I readed the patches with the spyder 3 software and I have an xml file.
> I have a ti1 and ti2 files but I'm lost with the ti3 format.

If you email me a sample xml file, then I might be able to create a tool to
translate it to a .ti3.

> Do you have any document that explain how to do the migration? If there isn't
>  software
> made for this I can program a script for this.

The .ti3 file format is documented here
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ti3_format.html>,
and you can create dummy files using fakeread
<http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/fakeread.html>

> P.S. I readed that somebody was trying to read the data from the device but I
> only saw a
> month of messages. I can help with this if it's possible.

Someone mentioned that it was probably easier than I was assuming, but it's
hard to
justify working on such an old, spot by spot instrument. I understand that the
more recent DataColor instruments will read a strip at a time, but I don't have
one of these to work on.