[argyllcms] Importing SpyderPrint (Datacolor 1005) readings with Argyll 1.4.0

  • From: "fcarello@xxxxxxxxxx" <fcarello@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:50:51 +0100 (CET)

Hello everyone, just subscribed.

First of all, a big thank to Graeme Gill for
this impressive toolset.
I already use Argyll to profile my scanners, with
great results.

Now I'd like to profile my printer.
I have a Spyder3Print
colorimeter (Datacolor 1005), which I use under Windows.
I don't need to drive
it with Argyll (I know it's not supported); I'd just like to use its
measurement file (it's XML), saved from its Datacolor SpyderPrint 4.2.1
software, to build an ICC profile with Argyll.

From what I gathered, I first
need to build a .CHT file from the (synthetic, so to say) TIFF target charts
supplied with its software; "scanin -g <..>" should do the trick.
Then, I
should find a way to convert the XML measurement file, which is like this:

<?
xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<NumVals>463</NumVals>
<RefWhite>9230  119
-398</RefWhite>
<RefBlack>153   -12     233</RefBlack>
<LabColor>1     626     -243    -95
</LabColor>
<LabColor>2     854     673     -3420</LabColor>
<LabColor>3     1141    1430    -4952
</LabColor>
<LabColor>4     1362    2113    -6057</LabColor>
[...]

to a suitable format
which Argyll may understand (.ti3 ?).

A this point, with the .cht and
measurement file, using "colorprof" I should be able to build the ICC profile.

So the main question is:

Any hint about converting that XML measurement file
into something Argyll can use?

Is the .cht generated by "scanin -g" from the
(original synthetic) TIFF targets OK for Argyll, or is there something else I
should provide? Maybe the original LAB values of the patches?

Or maybe I
didn't get something obvious, and the process is even simpler? :-)

Thanks
anyone,

Fernando

Invita i tuoi amici e Tiscali ti premia! Il consiglio di un amico vale più di
uno spot in TV. Per ogni nuovo abbonato 30 € di premio per te e per lui! Un
amico al mese e parli e navighi sempre gratis: http://freelosophy.tiscali.it/