[argyllcms] Re: How to test for the presence of a given calibration?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:29:13 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
Suppose I really enjoy the monitor profile Argyll did on my system.

Do you have any tools to help test that, indeed, the custom LUT dispcal
calculated is indeed resident in my video card at the time of working with
images in, say, Photoshop?

Sorry, no, I haven't thought about a tool like that.
The simplest thing would be to add an options to dispwin that
either creates a .cal file from the current VideoLUT,
or verifies the current curves against a specified .cal.

A more manual way would be to go through the whole
calibrate/profile exercised with a distinct target
(odd white point, gamma or brightness), so that
it is immediately obvious whether that calibration
is loaded.