[argyllcms] Re: How to test for the presence of a given calibration?

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:31:37 +0100 (CET)

Am 05.11.07, 07:37 -0400 schrieb Roger Breton:

> a software as complex as yours that fast. I'm trying to compile Argyll 0.60
> using the Microsoft Visual C++ Express. I'm trying to understand the various
> dependencies in your source and my c is very rusted. But I'm in no rush.
> This is fun. I looked at Jam. The thing is I'd like to step through your
> code, once compiled, to execute it for my own understanding but I don't
> think that can be done with Jam?

To step through code with the Microsoft developer tools needs theire own
debugging symbols included in an executeable. So one could eigher
create a project in VC and use this environment for debugging / stepping
through the code or
compile with MinGW + GDB (GNU debugger - command line).

On osX, as I'd think you have access to, gcc is much better integrated,
because of Xcode providing a debugging GUI for GDB. So a external, for
instance jam compiled, binary with the debugging symbols included can be
stepped through in Xcode. The binary needs just the -g option to the gcc
compiler and possibly switched optimisations off by omiting the -Ox (-O3)
option.

Just to mention on Linux/BSD exists various GUI's.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management