[argyllcms] Re: How to test for the presence of a given calibration?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 06:31:01 -0500

Thank's Kai-Uwe,

> To step through code with the Microsoft developer tools needs theire own
> debugging symbols included in an executeable.

Any compiler does this, right?

> So one could eigher
> create a project in VC and use this environment for debugging / stepping
> through the code

That is precisely what I would like to do. But I am trying to find where to
start. I would like to start building only ONE of all Argyll's utilities
like, one of the "easiest". Once I understood how that one is put together,
which header files are required, what are all preprocessor directives do,
then I can move on to compiling the other more complex utilities. I spent
the better part of last night reviewing C and C++. Do you know wheter Argyll
uses any C++ contructs? Or is it strictly ANSI C?

> or
> compile with MinGW + GDB (GNU debugger - command line).

That's an option I will look into. May prove to be a simpler environment. I
don't want to be bogged down in learning too complex IDE.

> On osX, as I'd think you have access to, gcc is much better integrated,
> because of Xcode providing a debugging GUI for GDB.

If Windows does not work for me then, yes, I'll move to OSX.

> So a external, for
> instance jam compiled, binary with the debugging symbols included can be
> stepped through in Xcode.

See, that's another possibility.

> The binary needs just the -g option to the gcc
> compiler and possibly switched optimisations off by omiting the -Ox (-O3)
> option.

Sounds so easy :-)

> Just to mention on Linux/BSD exists various GUI's.

MfG,

Roger Breton