[argyllcms] Re: FWA compensation.

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:23:48 +1100

Amin Gharehchaie wrote:

Went and bought a UV light for checking for forged bank notes.

So could this be a good test for finding out if it has FWA?

Yes, it's a good way of checking whether there is FWA in the paper.

Or can paper that don't have any FWA still shine a little?

It's a matter of degree. Depending on the strength of the UV light,
you may get papers that have some slight fluorescence that has
little or no effect on their color behaviour (the UV light
has a much stronger UV to visible light ratio than any
normal viewing light, even sunshine).

I know this method may not be the most technical but maybe it is sufficient enough?

It's enough to know when you may want to use FWA compensation,
and to known which papers are which.

I will try to add some pictures, does it work to send messages to the list with picture attachments?

I think so, but don't make the image file size too large.