[argyllcms] FWA compensation.

  • From: "Amin Gharehchaie" <amin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:23:33 +0100

Hi everyone.

Hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

I bought a package of permajet sample papers and there I tried a paper that
permajet says does not have any Optical Brighteners, but Argyll tell me that
the FWA content = 0.637455
So this quiet hight FWA content compared to Epson premium semi-glossy that
gives me a value of FWA content = 0.288059

And when I take this measurement to gretagmacbeth profilemaker it tells me
that the paper does not have any FWA content but the Premium Semi-glossy
paper it finds optical brighteners in.

Could anyone please explain to me how this is?

I am printing on a Epson Stylus Photo 2100 with Lyson PhotoChrome Pro ink.

From what I can understand is that the optical brighteners are actually in
the ink and not the paper, and Gretag checks only against the paper but
Argyll checks against paper and ink.
Is this a correct assumtion?

And another very strange thing is that Lyson ink on some other papers have
very low amount of FWA, on paper like Ilford Gallery Gold Fibre Satin it has
a value of FWA content = 0.068191

I will try to send a spectrafile of the permajet paper so if anyone can look at
it and make anything out of it.

Best regards
Amin