[argyllcms] Re: Eye-one and DTP94 using dispcal

  • From: "Martin Weberg" <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 08:44:28 +0200

2008/8/2 Roger Breton

> Had you requested different "brightness" targets from dispcal from one
> instrument to the other? I am surprised that the DTP94 reports 149.95 cd/m2
> as opposed to 194.82 for the EyeOne.

No brightness targets was requested (can't be using -r ?).

As far as calibrated chromaticities, the difference is not too extreme.

No, I guess.

Is it Argyll that requests "placing the black cap" on?

Yes, and "place in on a dark surface or place on the white calibration
reference".

If you are doing emissive readings (monitor calibration and profile), I
> don't see why the instrument would need to be calibrated for ambiant
> readings. Unless there is an option that you checked, somewhere, for
> checking ambiant readings at the time of calibration.

I use the ambient reading head with its dark cap on, thinking it would be
like placing it on a dark surface in its display reading holder. But there
seem to be differences, se my other post.

Martin Weberg