[argyllcms] Re: Eye-one and DTP94 using dispcal

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 21:35:59 +1000

Martin Weberg wrote:

// Having read Graemes reply, the suggestion to place the instrument on the
white calibration reference seem wrong.

Nothing wrong with this. The white calibration is just as effective
as anything else in blocking light to the measurement head. When
you're measuring ambient though, it can be more convenient to
block light using some other means, hence suggesting that as one
alternative.

Trying to get rid of the hassle using the ambient reading cap, I try placing
the eye-one on an opaque surface (my desktop). Now without the -K setting:

That may work, but it depends on how well it seals. It's safer
to use the white cal. tile.

Note that minor variations in the black calibration are unlikely
to have a major influence over the white reading, since it subtracts
from the raw value.

Apart from the white point no difference between the DTP94 and eye-one
readings using basiccolor display.

Sorry, I've no idea what basiccolor does, all I know is that (as best I
can ascertain) the Argyll driver agrees with the X-Rite/Gretag driver as
to the i1pro emissive calibration. I'd need a compelling reason
to second guess what's in the instrument EEProm.