[argyllcms] Re: "Enhance"

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 08:19:39 -0700

On Dec 9, 2015, at 4:05 AM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Normally you would just render it using relative colorimetric - assuming you
have
a profile that represents the gamut of the artwork.

I might be able to answer this myself…but can tiffgamut be enlisted for the
cause?

measure black and white and map them to full range, but
then you have to decide how you are specifying the rest of the gamut.

Hmmm…here’s a thought; let me know if I’m crazy.

I’ll use targen to create the smallest chart that would be meaningful. (How
small…?) I’ll tag it with a well-behaved working space (maybe BetaRGB) and
print it in a color-managed environment. I’ll then have the artist paint her
interpretation of the closest matches for the patches and read the painted
chart as if it were a printer chart. If I’m understanding your suggestion
right, the gamut of the resulting profile should be what I’m looking for, even
if the numeric representation of the innards doesn’t mean much.

Thanks,

b&