[argyllcms] Re: "Enhance"

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 21:30:29 +0300

Hmmm…I can try playing around with that, but I think that’s the opposite of
what I’m trying to do. As I understand, the saturation intent is supposed to
preserve (as best as possible) saturation even at the expense of hue shifts,
so that highly-saturated originals remain as saturated as possible when
rendered to small-gamut spaces. But my problem is that the original input
isn’t very saturated because it’s coming from a small-gamut space, and the
artist is looking to stretch the limited input gamut of watercolors to fill
the larger output gamut of a modern display. (Not, of course, that she knows
enough color science to phrase it like that.)

IFAIK saturation intent is maximizing the saturation, not just preserving. If
destination gamut is larger the image become more saturated than original.

Николай Похильченко