[argyllcms] Re: Display Calibration. Setting up RGBCMY Hue/Saturation controls.

  • From: Ivan Kadomin <ivan.kadomin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:56:08 +0300

Perhaps the trick is to measure the
XYZ of the RGB, add them together, then compute the x,y from the sum.

x = X/(X+Y+Z)
y = Y/(X+Y+Z)
I tried this refinement, but doing it in xy coordinates lead to that the C an Y became slightly greenish.

Then I tried to minimize distance between measured CMY coordinates and computed in the XYZ space (such as C_X = G_X+B_X, etc.) and that worked better. Black to RGBCMY gradients were clear without notable tinting, also desaturion of RGBCMY has not produced notable hue change.