[argyllcms] Re: Display Calibration. Setting up RGBCMY Hue/Saturation controls.

  • From: Ivan Kadomin <ivan.kadomin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 21:38:06 +0300

> Could you upload your ICM file about the [Standard mode with optimized WP,
> calibrated and profiled by ArgyllCMS]?

.icm profile for the Standard mode is in attachment.

This one and the previous one that I uploaded are created based on the
following
(Standard)
dispcal -q m -y l -t 6500 -gs -f 1 -k 1 -H ".\DELL_U2410_D65_G_sRGB"
(Custom Colors)
dispcal -q m -y l -t 6600 -gs -f 1 -k 1 -H ".\DELL_U2410_D66_G_sRGB"

Target WPs here differ by a 100K. I just tuned WP for the Standard via
factory menu to 6500K at some moment in the past and didn't wanted to change
it anymore. For the Custom Colors preset WP is 6600K which is close to
native. Does difference in WPs CT makes sense?

Targets for building both profiles are generated as
targen -d 3 -G -e 5 -s 32 -g 32 -m 7 -f 216

Both profiles are created as
colprof -q h -nc -aX -cpp -dmt

> May be Standard mode also uses a 3DLUT then (like the sRGB and AdobeRGB
> modes). But I guess it limits the gamut with a reason if it really does.

Another circumstance making me think that the Standard preset is limited is
the flollowing fact. Even if I go to factory menu and set R=G=B=255 for
Standard "native" white point for it becomes about 6100K. Where as if I go
to Custom Colors and set RGB Gains=100, native white point becomes about
6600K.