[argyllcms] Re: Creating process calibration curves Was: Conversion omitting/locking device colorant

  • From: Martin Weberg <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 20:58:58 +0100

Hi Roger,

> First fragen: have you tried the calculated calibration back on press? And
> if so, what were the results?

No, but I intend to. The device data is real, but not valid anymore
(old profile, different work flow).

> Second fragen: where did you get "3rd deg. poly. Regression"? In Argyll?
> Where?

Not Argyll. I used Gnumeric spreadsheet (projects.gnome.org/gnumeric/)
but MS Excel work too. Make sure to force zero intercept.

Also consider using FOGRA data, or whatever reference, directly, as
mentioned earlier by Klaus.

Martin Weberg