[argyllcms] Re: Collink and device link profiles

  • From: Michael Schulz <ms.typografik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:26:35 +0200

Hello,

thank you for the reply and for the indication how to check the result with
cctiff. In the meantime I did more trials with collink's device link option.
What I found out is, there is a slight yellow colour cast in the converted
images (rgb2cmyk and cmyk2cmyk) - I misunderstood this as an over
saturation. It becomes visible in skin tones and noticeably if one compares
the yellow colour channels of images that have been converted across the PCS
with device link conversions.

I don't understand where it comes from but I assume that it might be the
black ink generation and not the gamut mapping. I tried -ke, -kt, -kx, -kr
and -kh; beside of the yellow colour cast -kt gives the best results. Does
it makes any sense trying a black ink generation with the -kp... flag?

What I don't understand in your answer is the last paragraph - why do one
gets multiple gamut mapping transformations? I thought with device link
profiles there is only one B2A table used?

If you want to look at my test images:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7igm21dtw386sxf

Best regards
Michael Schulz