[argyllcms] Re: Causes of and remedy for black crush

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:25:37 +0400

 30 July 2013, 11:55 +02:00 Jos van  Riswick  wrote:

>I was trying to think of some way to remedy this. Maybe have the calibration
>device look through a 'honey comb' (ala studio lights) or have the calibration
>device sitting at a distance, looking through a telescope or binoculars. Is
>there some way to compensate the effects of looking trough a telescope?...

At a glance, You can compensate such light attenuation by applying a "filter".
You can measure spectrum of white on the screen, then measure the same at a
distance (for example 5cm). Then compute the compensation filler by dividing
one spectral coefficients by another. This way You can compute compensation
filter for certain distance.
Another way at the second glance: may be ccxxmake or similar utilitu can
compute ccss compensation file anutomatically by two TI3s.