[argyllcms] Re: Causes of and remedy for black crush

  • From: Jos van Riswick <josvanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:53:23 +0200

Thnx for all your responses !

Ok yes I might have guessed that the xrite engineers would have thought
about non-perpendicular light hitting the instrument :)

I think in my case the darks dont get clipped, because the shadow detail
re-appears when I move to the side slightly (I mean up/down; my monitor is
on its side :p)

I think Ellen is right. I thought about my process again and remember
having edited the images on a different monitor initially (ips but laptop).
The latter one has quite a severe 'gamma correction due to viewing angle'
effect. I think the problem stems from that...

thnx again !