[argyllcms] Re: Can anyone help me with iccexamin?

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 15:29:45 -0600

On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 15:09 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 19:42 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > The Oyranos server is down at the moment. Still development versions are
> > available from SourceForge:
> > http://downloads.sourceforge.net/oyranos/icc_examin-0.45_rc4.tar.gz
> >
> > I hope this version works for you on selecting multiple profile. At least
> > it does on my IA32 system.
> > The profiles should be selectable by picking up multiple ones in the file
> > chooser, as arguments from the command line or by dropping them in.
> >
> > The error messages are warnings. I removed them for the next release.
>
> I downloaded it, but I'm having trouble configuring it.  I will
> eventually figure it out, but perhaps you could shorten the process.
>
> The configure log says:
>
> ls: cannot access argyll-0.60: No such file or directory
> Package argyll was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `argyll.pc'
> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable,
>
> I have argyll-0.70 beta 8.  I tried using PKG_CONFIG to point to where I
> do have argyll, but It didn't do any good.  I can't find a file called
> argyll.pc anywhere on my system.
>
> Later the log file says:
>
> FTGL      2.1.2         detected
> !!! ERROR !!!
>            FLTK (/usr/bin/fltk-config) is not found; download:
> www.fltk.org
>

> I have both both the fltk and fltk-devel packages installed, but if I
> remember correctly, those packages weren't build with the right options.
> So I downloaded fltk-1.17 and installed that.  In
> fact /usr/bin/fltk-config does exist (from the package), but it is also
> in /usr/local/bin.   That come first in my path, so it is the one that
> should be used.  I believe that worked with iccexamin-0.44, which is
> what I had before.
>
> I might have forgotten something else I had to do to build 0.44.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I started looking at the configure script to see what it might be doing,
and it looks very familiar.  I think I had the similar problems before,
and I may have had to go through the scripts executing one line at a
time before I was able to get something to work.  I also corresponded
with you about it.  I hope I don't have to go through the whole thing
again.