[argyllcms] Re: Aw: Re: Eye One: no ruler => which background?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:00:31 +1000

Lars-Daniel Weber wrote:

Okay. Is it also possible to "re-render" profiles when the background changes?

Don't know - I've never thought about it. Probably, but to do it you'd
have to take a couple of patch measurements of the particular media
on the two backgrounds, create a model and then apply it to the readings.

The
paper will stay the same, but sometimes I'm looking to it on other sheets of
paper and
sometimes I'm looking to it on a brown writing desk :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you are doing very critical
side by side proofing evaluation. In the latter case, you would make sure
that the print measurement and display backgrounds match.