[argyllcms] ArgyllCMS as smart CMM for OS X

  • From: Klaus Karcher <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:49:34 +0100

Hi,

I've written a smart CMM for OSX: It invokes icclink as child process (vfork/execv) to create device link profiles on the fly if required. Ordinary device->device transforms get replaced by device link transforms transparently. The CMM is (of course) linked against Apples APIs (ColorSync, Core Foundation, ...).

It's a proof of concept so far, but the results are already excellent and I'm quite sure that many users will love it. Therefore I wonder which legal / license aspects I have to consider when I want to distribute it.

Klaus