[argyllcms] Re: Adobe Color Printer Utility scaling target image

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 00:29:48 +0200

Hi -

 I'm probably the least qualified person on this list; however let me
try to explain a bit:
 Modern Apple systems can go two ways "officially", while printing,
"vendor color" or "application color" are the names if I remember
rightly.
 Both of these workflows get mangled in various ways depending on the
printer configuration files (PPDs) which are installed.
 The only way not to get mangled is to use a special non-documented
workflow which is accessed by ACPU and hopefully should be ok; it
should also be accessed by the i1Profiler suite etc, but your mileage
may vary.
  Last, not least, there is a minor bug in the first-released original
CS5 version which affects profiled printing; this should not be used,
an updated version is preferable.

Moral of the story: Use ACPU, if you profile over "vendor color" you
will just use profiling to improve the quality of the installed
profiled printing system.  If you profile over "application color" all
bets are off.

 i am sure there are a bunch of inaccuracies in this document - I am
not the sharpest knife in the box these days. My apologies.

Edmund