[argyllcms] Re: Adobe Color Printer Utility scaling target image

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:24:10 -0700

On Apr 25, 2013, at 3:33 PM, Ivan Tsyba <ivantsyba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2013/4/25 edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Moral of the story: Use ACPU...
>
> As you can read above, ACPU have a critical bug  - it shrinking target size
> on paper so I can't use it.
> Can somebody recommend software that have ability correctly print target
> images? Or all Argyll users on Windows and OS X satisfied with ACPU?

I have an iPF8100, and Canon supplies a Photoshop plugin that does a marvelous
job of not mucking around with much of anything.

If I didn't have the iPF8100, I think I'd start experimenting with Apple's
Preview, which I've heard is suitable for these types of tasks if you know the
magic buttons to click.

Apple also has a ColorSync Utility which can open and print images and which
can probably be trusted to print without transformations.

Personally, while I love so many of their tools for so many things, I just
don't trust Adobe with color critical stuff. They just get so many things so
spectacularly worng so often...DNG color ``profiles,'' anyone?

Cheers,

b&