[argyllcms] Re: AW: Black generation and black ink limiting

  • From: Martin Weberg <martin.weberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:48:36 +0200

2010/4/1 Fabrizio Levati <fabrizio.levati@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I was trying to create a profile starting from FOGRA39L with the purpose of
> limiting the TAC to 240% or less. This profile is intended to be tested in
> re-separating ads files before printing them on newspapers.

Have you looked at IFRA's data? See: http://www.color.org/IFRA.xalter

Out if curiosity I took a look at ISOnewspaper26v4.icc
Black start 0
TIL: 240%
Max black 95%
Black dot def. 59/45/41/95
Black width: 100

Take a look at the plot rendered by "xicclu -g -ip -fif
ISOnewspaper26v4.icc". They've got a "bump" too, forced by "Black dot
def. 59/45/41". They also use a much more aggressive black curve then
your profile.

Using IFRA's data to build your profile would also enable you to do proofing.

Martin Weberg