[argyllcms] Re: 0.60 CMYK profile misshaped

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 00:41:41 +0100

Burckhart Seifert wrote:
>> Is this possibly an ECI chart?
>>
> Yes, it is the ECI2002. I have also made it available.
> http://www.colortaxi.de/misc/argyll/
> The linearization is made within the RIP. I detected the maximum
> density for the cyan channel at 97%.

I'm not sure, possibly I was overestimating the impact of the saturation
of C*=f(cyan) at 70% cyan and the sharp bend in the hue=f(C*) plot
(which starts even at approx. 60% cyan). I have attached a few plots,
which are made from the (sparsely sampled) 1D ramps in the ti3 file by
simply connecting the points with line segments (using the 1978_2
observer, to be consistent with "profile").

Graeme, when you look at the plots, what do you think? Should the
channel be cut-off earlier, somewhere below 100%, or is it still
reasonable as is? At least dE from white is still monotonically
increasing up to 100% cyan (though pretty flat from 70...100%).

Regards,
Gerhard

PNG image

PNG image