[argyllcms] 0.60 CMYK profile misshaped

  • From: Burckhart Seifert <burckhart@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:11:11 +0100

Hello list,

I'm combining MeasureTool with Argyll CMS on a PowerBook using an Eye- One Pro.

  $ logo2cgats measure.txt measure

For an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 CMYK Printer (ripped by ColorGATE PROOFGATE4 ENTRY) I created a well working profile with Argyll CMS 0.53 some months ago. The preview looked fine in VRML as well as in ProfileEditor and the printer output was good.

  $ profile -v -iD50 -f -T0 -y -l330 measure profile.icc

After an update of the RIP I have also updated the profile--now with Argyll CMS 0.60. The new one has been expected not to look too different from the first one.

  $ profile -v -iD50 -f -Ta -y -l330 newmeasure profile.icc

After analyzing the result I have decided to profile the new measure file again with Argyll CMS 0.53 before delivering the profile. The reasons are: The preview of 0.60 looks very misshaped in ProfileEditor, in VRML it looks very different to the preview of the same file calculated with 0.53 and I have some results out of tolerance in some patches of the MediaWedge.

Is there any hint I have missed in the log.txt file? Please let me know what I should do to stay up to date with Argyll CMS.

Regards,

Burckhart Seifert
http://www.colortaxi.de