[archmach] Re: Currenter archmach list roster

  • From: Joseph Goldstone <joseph@xxxxxx>
  • To: archmach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:54:16 -0700

On May 22, 2006, at 3:29 PM, Paul Heckbert wrote:

Geek's list is a good one.  I would add:

What do you do when the Kramtek wedges?

How do you refresh the compiler?

I think that depends on whether you are logged in as wcd or not.

What was found in the Color Xerox machine after it jammed?

We still don't have a positive ID on that one (or an admission of guilt).

-=-

Some more questions:

What totemic animal escaped from its confinement, where did it hide, and how was it recaptured?

When did the Votrax use the word 'cheeseburger'?

How did the model 70 die, and why?

Who was Pedro?

What was the peak population of MagicSix machines, in what order were they commissioned, and what were they named?

When defective parts were returned to Perkin-Elmer, what extra materials were included with the packaging?

What was [is, since I still have my copy] the MagicSix Survival Guide?

What was peculiar about the monitor calibration pattern that appeared on the hyper-expensive Textronix display one day, and what action did its appearance engender?

Peculiar or regular monitor calibration patterns all had a particular image in the center; what was it, where does the original source material live, and which year could one see it while attending SIGGRAPH (given a nominal ride on public transportation)?

-=-=-

Oh, and to the list of people who it would be great to see again, add Eric Hulteen and Patrick Purcell.

--joseph