[arachne] Re: new ikon

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 09:57:52 +1030

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:49:16 -0500, Sam Ewalt wrote:

> Some people prefer the mouse. Try it sometime. The status bar at the
> bottom of the screen "calls out" the operations that can be performed
> by twitching your finger. Besides "exit" and "resize" we have "about"
> "more information" and "connection control page".

Point taken! I tried them all -- well, all bar the last two which i
couldn't find anywhere.

This points up that little symbols that don't immediately tell you they
are clickable icons are just as bad as hotkeys that you don't realize
actually exist.

Probably worse, as most of the hotkeys are listed on the page that "K"
calls up.

> I can't remember all the hotkeys, but the mouseovers and ikons always
> tell you what they do in the status bar. For some people that's an
> advantage.

Sure is, if you can find the place to click.....

> User useage varies. Some people like the mouse, some hate it. Arachne
> accomodates both, as it should, if it can do so without compromising
> her good looks and design.

Agreed!

.   ,-./\      from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  /     \     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v     homepage http://users.tpg.com.au/gmone/index.htm

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --