[arachne] Re: new ikon

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:32:52 +1030

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:35:03 -0700, "Destiny" <destiny@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Added some color to the resize/exit ikon.  On my screen when viewing as
> attachment colors are as created.  When using it in the toolbar, colors
> change depending on the page.  A neat trick sometimes, others difficult to
> see.  Why does the color change?  Other ikons modified display as intended?

I must confess that it was a looooong time before I realized that those
ikons on the line next to the version number actually did anything.

Giving them some colour might make them more obvious.

But why are they there and not with the rest of the ikons in the button
bar?

And why are they needed anyway? For people who work without a keyboard?

And why is the exit symbol the same shape as the "discontinue download"
symbol in the button bar? That's very confusing....

Yes, I know the button bar can be removed in some settings but it is
easy to bring back with F5 if it is needed.

.   ,-./\      from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  /     \     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v     homepage http://users.tpg.com.au/gmone/index.htm

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --