[arachne] Re: new ikon

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:49:16 -0500

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:32:52 +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:

> But why are they there and not with the rest of the ikons in the button
> bar?

> And why are they needed anyway? For people who work without a keyboard?

Some people prefer the mouse. Try it sometime. The status bar at the
bottom of the screen "calls out" the operations that can be performed
by twitching your finger. Besides "exit" and "resize" we have "about"
"more information" and "connection control page".

These are all redundant except for "more information" which brings up
a box in the lower right corner with possibly useful information.
Actually, having just checked the hotkeys I've discovered that even
this "more information" box can be reached via the keyboard by touching
Alt-M.

I can't remember all the hotkeys, but the mouseovers and ikons always
tell you what they do in the status bar. For some people that's an
advantage.

User useage varies. Some people like the mouse, some hate it. Arachne
accomodates both, as it should, if it can do so without compromising
her good looks and design.

Arachne at FreeLists
-- Arachne, The Web Browser/Suite for DOS and Linux --