[arachne] Re: TRUSTED APM'S & RELATED MATTERS

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:42:44 -0500

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:55:39 -0400, Brian C. Murphy wrote:

> Thanks, Glenn.  This time I succeeded in getting BRIAN.ZIP and I had a
> quick off line look at its contents with Shez.  Can you, perchance, give me
> a step by step rendition of what I need to do to apply ACOPY.APM within
> A190 J1 so that  A190's download procedure will always put a downloaded
> file into the local download directory?

> No doubt it is simple and straight forward, but given the APM's strong
> willed intelligence, I would hate to screw up and lose the whole thing.

No problem Brian,

1) unzip brian.apm from within brian.zip
2) start Arachne v1.90
3) hit F10
4) link to the drive where brian.apm is located
5) link to the directory where brian.apm is located
6) link to brian.apm itself

That's it..... you're done.

Since brian.apm is your own 'custom version' of acopy.apm,
there is no need to ever link to the original acopy.apm

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/