[arachne] Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT... end of life for Arachne....

  • From: "Glenn McCorkle" <glennmcc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:44:30 -0500

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:19:32 -0000, Jeff wrote:

> Clearly there has been a bit of a falling out here. But can't really tell
> because I don't use whichever brand of instant messaging this is quoted from.
> Could someone who was not one of the protagonists please tell those who have
> only just read this email what was going on?

> As mostly a lurker here because work has been very demanding of late,
> I was looking forward to setting up a pure DOS machine over the
> Christmas holidays. Not a programmer, I was hoping to be able to
> contribute in some way round the edges.

> Now I won't. Shame. Sorry it had to end in acrimony.

Hi Jeff,

You are free to do anything you wish with Arachne
so-long-as you do it within the boundaries of the GPL

As to a 'falling-out' or any 'acrimony'.....

Nope.... such is not the case.

It has been my plan for quite some time now that v1.95 would be my last.

I have simply been putting-off making the 'official announcement'.

I have spent eight years now working on Arachne development.
It is now time for me to move on.

--
 Glenn
 http://www.delorie.com/listserv/mime/