[arachne] Re: DOS only or?

  • From: Jason <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:55:38 -0400

Ray Andrews wrote:

On Thu, 08 May 2008 13:52:35 +0000, Udo Kuhnt wrote:

Reading Udo's and Jason's posts, what I'm always drawn to is the
idea that DOS and Linux aren't competitors but comrades.
I concur. What drives me nuts is when people claim one is better than the other but give examples that aren't true or aren't valid comparisons. My favorite from the linux world is, "I use linux because it just works!"

That's such hooey! It's more and more true every day but it's a rare event when you just install and everything 'just works' in linux.

My favorite from the DOS world(maybe Udo's going to prove this wrong :> ) is people who say it's better than linux because linux requires too many resources. Then when you look at what they're doing, it's not true and they're trying to compare dos 6.0 with the latest mandriva release! Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --