[arachne] Re: BURNING CD'S UNDER DOS

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 08:43:32 -0800

Hi Brian,
                  Sorry, but I am not the one to ask
for advice on burning disks w/DOS.  I have
burned one or 2 using glennmcc's directions
but only as practice/trial.
     I was responding to Greg M.'s problems
with CD's.   I find CD and DVD drives to be
rather unreliable compared to the good ole
FDD.   BUT...handy for backup !!

Eric

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:33:56 -0500 "Brian C. Murphy"
<BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On December 12 2008 Eric Said, "I find that sometimes after burning
> a CD
> that it appears blank and the CD/DVD Drive has to be reinitialized"
>
> "Sometimes just opening and closing the drive fixes it ... other
> times a
> reboot is required.  I assume it has something to do with the
> driver.
> "IT HAPPENS WITH BOTH MY DOS 486 COMPUTER and my $wincomputer and it
>
> happens with brand new drives and older drives.
>
> If I read you correctly, Eric, you are burning CD's from DOS.  I
> know
> Glenn Mcc had come close to burning CD's from DOS.  If you are
> really
> doing so, would you be willing to thoroughly document the procedures
> and
> the hardware and software and put it on the Arachne list so that the
>
> rest of us can attain the ability of burning CD's under DOS?
>
> Brian Murphy
> BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>                   Arachne at FreeLists
> -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

Click to consolidate debt and lower month expenses.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2PBHT2FWqfT4TdeVOV3ikJDSqws39CPyT1zmaPG7lcnD6Oo/