[arachne] Re: BURNING CD'S UNDER DOS

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:41:46 +0000

From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Greg,

> I have tried reading the disk with the burner drive and also with the
> non-burner drive on the same computer, and each time it comes up empty.

> Except that if I try to burn it again, I get the message that "this disk
> contains data. Do you want to erase it?" and the same message again
> after it has been fast-erased and fully-erased...

I had exactly the same problem with a DVD burner a few years ago. It
turned out that it did not support the media I was using; a firmware
update fixed this.

The only problem I had was that the firmware update tool did not work
in DOS, so I had to take the drive and the disk with the new firmware
to the store where I had bought it to let them update it on their
Windows machine.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de