[arachne] BURNING CD'S UNDER DOS

  • From: "Brian C. Murphy" <BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ARACHNE LIST <ARACHNE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:33:56 -0500

On December 12 2008 Eric Said, "I find that sometimes after burning a CD
that it appears blank and the CD/DVD Drive has to be reinitialized"
"Sometimes just opening and closing the drive fixes it ... other times a
reboot is required.  I assume it has something to do with the driver.
"IT HAPPENS WITH BOTH MY DOS 486 COMPUTER and my $wincomputer and it
happens with brand new drives and older drives.

If I read you correctly, Eric, you are burning CD's from DOS.  I know
Glenn Mcc had come close to burning CD's from DOS.  If you are really
doing so, would you be willing to thoroughly document the procedures and
the hardware and software and put it on the Arachne list so that the
rest of us can attain the ability of burning CD's under DOS?

Brian Murphy
BCMURPHY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx