[arachne] Re: Arachne and Open Suse?

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:58:07 +1000

Hi Sam,

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 21:25:44 -0500 (EST), Sam Ewalt wrote:

> What I'm really looking for is a simple email app that will take
> a text file email list without it being converted to some sort of
> database file.
> Like the way Arachne would take a file with one email on a line and
> then send email to the list.

  My recommendation for that is Sylpheed.
Website:     http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/
Screenshots: http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/screenshot.html

 In Linux I use Sylpheed, in DOS I use Arachne.  As it happens, I can
transfer my (text) individual email files back and forth between Arachne
and Sylpheed, just re-naming them. Sylpheed email files have a number
(1,  147, 63, etc) sequentially on arrival, so they are in arrival order
when listed.

> I like Arachne because I'm familiar with it, having used it for years
> and I basically hate new software with thousands of feature I don't
> need.

  I am exactly the same. I find Sylpheed simple to configure and
customise.

Regards,
        Ron

Ron Clarke
AUSREG Consultancy      http://www.ausreg.com
Tadpole Tunes           http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.