[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Waiting Room

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:29:44 -0400

[G: Addies]

> "You know, I just had this idea that's either brilliant or balmy or
> both." Terry said as he took Keavy's hand and held it out in his own.
> "What do you think of when you combine flood lights, loud music, big
> pools of running water and a barbecue ... and that white string bikini
> of yours?"

"My white string bikini?" Keavy said with a smile, remembering the look on
her friends faces when she first wore the bikini.  "What you're thinking is
a recipe for trouble...and I like the sounds of it already.  Go on."

> "Well, I'm thinking of the first ever Van Allen caves beach party
> and barbecue.  Totally inane ide, right?  Absolutely!  Which means we
> have to do it. You guys agree right? Right?"

"Absolutely!" Keavy exclaimed, her eyes as wide as her smile.  "You know
darn well that I am always ready for a party, especially a Beach party.
Sometimes you do come up with a good idea or two.  The law of averages I
guess."  She tapped her knuckles lightly on Terrys head.

> [OOC: I've added Chance-isms in a couple places, FYI.]

[G: Chance-isms?]

> Jory , who had been leaning back, merely watching, finally spoke.
> "Beach Party? Do you mean the McAllen Caves?" She continued, not waiting
for
> an answer. "I'm all for a party, but what about renting a penthouse or
> something here at the Transrail Tower? I don;t know about the rest of
> you, but having a suana and then stretching out in a hottub sounds better
> to me than an underground beach in a dark cave."
>
> "I'm all for an adventure party, and caves are great and all," Chance
> interrupted, "but if it's a penthouse you want, you don't have to rent
> anything... You guys can use mine." He winked conspiratorially at Nadia,
> then turned back to Jory. "The studio has one rented, all the
> amenities... we don't even have to buy the alcohol -- it's all on an
> account. So if you're in the mood for a hot tub, that's your spot. But
> if you guys want to throw a soiree in the caves, I'm game." He shivered
> slightly as he added, "Just remember to bring the giant spider
> repellant."

"Ooo.  A Hot tub." Keavy mused.  "That sounds like fun too.  Oh but how
often do you get a chance to party in the MacAllen caves?  Then again it is
not everyday that you get use of a Trid stars penthouse.  Why pick one or
the other.  Let's do both!""

> Lemanz said nothing, not feeling like engaging in light banter given
> the events of the past few hours, days and weeks. Instead she stopped
> pacing and sat down.
>
> Sebastian Chance plopped down in one of the waiting room chairs near
> Juliette, now totally ignoring the camera. He was suddenly as
> unaware of its presence as a person could be.
>
> Juliette, however, was aware of -- and annoyed by -- the camera and crew.
>
> "So where did you guys find em? I didn't even think... I mean, were
> you even //LOOKING// for them when they turned up?" Chance's
> question was posed to the room, but angled mainly at Juliette and Shamus.

[G: Not going to cut and paste anymore.  The thread has gone past this.]

Griz