[HG-PBEM] Re: Fixing things up

  • From: "Grizzly" <irongrizzly@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:44:06 -0400

> >Hanna spoke up. "I'll also need to work with all the pilots and Silas to
> >do prep work for the upcoming time trials."
> >
> >"Very good," the Colonel responded, clasping his hands together. "Unless
> >anyone has anything else, I think we all know what we need to do over the
> >next couple of days."
>
> After the meeting, Shamus headed directly for Hanna.  "Prep work for the
> time trials, good.  I need to ride."  Instead of being infuriated, he
seemed
> more demoralized than anything else.  All he wanted to do was race, and
> nothing was turning out the way he'd thought.  This readily apparent
> weariness made him look even older than his teammates than usual.

"I'm a little anxious to get moving as well.  My little Blade needs to be
walked." Keavy said as she came up behind Shamus.  She was trying to address
Hanna but kept on sliding her eyes towards Shamus.  She couldn't beleive her
luck.  She was going to be racing on the same Team as Fastlane Rodriguez, a
duellist that she had liked to watch race when she was younger.  It was a
real thrill to actually see him in person.

"Uhm..Mr Rodriguez." She started to say, trying hard to remain cool.  "I
just wanted to say that it is a real honour to be racing alongside you."
Don't sound like a giddy fangirl, she said to herself several times.  "I
mean I used to watch you when you raced the...well before your
accident...and you were always great to watch.  I even saw you live one time
at this arena in...I made a sign and everything.." Keavy dropped her head
when she realized what she was doing.  "Gods, I sound like a giddy fangirl
don't I?"

Griz