[HG-PBEM] Re: Fixing things up

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 18:23:42 -0700

To those familiar with his temperament, Shamus had been surprisingly quiet
throughout the meeting.  The very model of self-restraint, even.  Only those
team members standing closest to him could make out his clenched fists and
overhear his muttering "Can't say something nice -- don't say nothing at
all.  Can't say something nice -- don't say nothing at all," over and over
to himself.

>Hanna spoke up. "I'll also need to work with all the pilots and Silas to
>do prep work for the upcoming time trials."
>
>"Very good," the Colonel responded, clasping his hands together. "Unless
>anyone has anything else, I think we all know what we need to do over the
>next couple of days."

After the meeting, Shamus headed directly for Hanna.  "Prep work for the
time trials, good.  I need to ride."  Instead of being infuriated, he seemed
more demoralized than anything else.  All he wanted to do was race, and
nothing was turning out the way he'd thought.  This readily apparent
weariness made him look even older than his teammates than usual.