[HG-PBEM] Re: Deeeeeeep thoughts, was Re: Pop goes the meeting

  • From: David Kelk <dakelk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:53:40 -0400

It was one line and easy to miss.  Hopefully it stands out now.

[GM: Sorry, but I didn't see any new text? Is that intentional? Thanks.]
David Kelk said: [GM: So far I am keeping track of this, so feel free to
continue filling in this "mid"-post if there is more info your character
needs. That goes for anyone. I will close this thread tonight though, so get
your character's comments in by early this evening. ^_^] David Kelk said:
"Xavier crossed a line," the Colonel answered back. "The desert winds are
shifting. Things in the Core are changing. I can assure you of that. I made
apromise to you in contract, and I intend to keep that promise." His gaze
scanned everyone on the hangar. "I need you all to trust me over the next
fewweeks." >>Keavy snapped her gum again. The incident in the bar and the
stories >that the crew was telling of meetings with the Bishop began to
worry>her. She was used to conflicts on the track but this seemed to be a
different and more dangerous game altogether. She stole a quick glance
overatTerry trying to read his reaction. He was always better than her at
reading people and had a sensible head atop his broad shoulders. Terry's
headwas bent forward and lazily fell to one side. Tina was standing in front
of him and he was looking at her calf - through it actually with an
unfocusedgases. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and mouthed some
noiseless words before twitching involuntarily. His right had opened and
closed a few times. Keavy knows he's a leftie, but prefers to shoot right
forsome reason. He's worried. >>"How could you go after Xavier and his
cronies without money?" Terry >asked. The Colonel gave a distinctive pause.
Looking at Terry, his gaze wasn't malicious but rather unfocused. "Money
isn't everything that makes the world go around, Mr. McMartin," the little
man finally answered.

"Fair enough. How was it done then?"

>>>The Colonel settled into the team's commentary. "I want to move on
>>>fromthe setbacks of the past days, weeks and months," he declared. He
>>>looked at Chico and his wife. "To that end, dear?"

-- David Kelk Gilgamesh whither runneth thou? / The life which thou seekest
thou wilt not find; For when the gods created mankind, / They alloted death
to mankind, But life they retained in their keeping, Thou, O Gilgamesh, let
thy belly be full; Day and night be thou merry; / Make every day a day of
rejoicing, Day and night do thou dance and play. Let thy raiment be clean,
Thy head be washed, and thyself be bathed in water. Cherish the little one
holding thy hand, And let the wife rejoice in thy bosom, This is the lot of
mankind. -- From the Epic of Gilgamesh

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1
   2 http://www.bluething.org[2